Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Full rev problem after FIP and injectors recon'd
09-09-2016, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 09:44 AM by Cornish Rattler.)
Full rev problem after FIP and injectors recon'd
Hi guys

This is my first main post so be easy on me, anyway long story I own a 1988 Land Rover Defender was a 2.5TD but now a Discovery 200TDI.

I bought the 200tdi engine off eBay as an engine that was fully recon'd 4 years ago but stored in a garage for the past 2 years so should still be in good con'd, anyway I part stripped the the engine just to be certain the engine was as it was supposed to be which it was so I replaced all gaskets and seals and swapped the engine over, after fitting the engine I came to start it and after bleeding the fuel system the engine fired up immediately and ran great, anyway then I tried to rev the engine ( stationary ) and the lever / linkage on the FIP would only go 3/4 the way to the Rev stop screw then the engine would refer img die, allow the linkage to return to the idle screw and the engine would idle, so I took the vehicle out round the block a couple of time to see if I could sort it but couldn't and resigned myself to the fact that the FIP and injectors needed referbing so last week I have them referbished and took the vehicle for a run and although it ran better as now it revs better now ( FIP set to top end power ) I find when climbing hills the engine still tries to die when at full revs going through the gears and having to change gear before I need to to stop it from dying on me.

So I am thinking could this problem be a turbo problem rather than a FIP problem, what do you think

Graham
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Full rev problem after FIP and injectors recon'd - Cornish Rattler - 09-09-2016 09:08 AM