Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New turbo on Mazda 3 MZCD 2006
10-01-2015, 12:03 AM
New turbo on Mazda 3 MZCD 2006
A friend has replaced my turbo, flushed the engine and changed the oil and filter. We have run the car at 2000 RPM or less in normal driving for over 30 mins and after that everything seemed normal with the turbo working as it should. That was yesterday. We are in France and the turbo is a Hoet - see link for details. http://www.oscaro.com/turbocompresseur-s...733-2234-p

This morning I drove to our local town - about 6 miles away and mainly downhill. When going through a small village with a 30mph speed limit, the engine acted as though it was misfiring, although only it was only very slight and my wife didn't notice anything. On the way back home, part of the journey is uphill and the car struggled with any moderate gradients and I think the turbo wasn't working at this point.

When I got back home I checked the oil - which was almost full, but added about 25cl to top it up. I tried revving when stationary and the car would reach more than 5000 RPM without difficulty, although at one point there was a puff of white smoke from the exhaust. I could also hear something click as the revs reduced.

I desperately want to avoid damaging the new turbo and would be grateful for any advice from any one who can help.

Thanks in advance.

Roy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New turbo on Mazda 3 MZCD 2006 - royforster - 10-01-2015 12:03 AM